Treat yourself with these delicious Charlotte en rösti, with lettuce.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 6 potatoes (Charlotte)
- 100 g smoked bacon
- 10 sprigs of chives
- 50 g butter
- 2 tbsp. oil soup
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 can of tuna in brine
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 15 cl of grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp. of capers
Charlotte in rösti
- Wash and chop the chives.
- Blanch the bacon for 2 minutes, drain and cool. Brown in 20 g of butter.
- Wash the skin of the potatoes. Place them in a pot of water.
Bring to a boil, salt and cook for 10 minutes. Drain them, let cool and peel. Grate these potatoes using a large grater. Place in a bowl with the bacon and chives. Season and mix.
- Heat the oil and the remaining butter in a non-stick frying pan, place the grated potatoes there (do not too thick, do it several times if necessary). Flatten slightly with a spatula.
Cook for 3 minutes over high heat and turn over. Continue cooking for another 3 minutes. Remove and blot on absorbent paper.
For the tonato sauce:
- Drain the tuna, crumble it.
- Chop the capers and anchovies.
- Make a mayonnaise: in a salad bowl, combine the egg yolks and mustard. Season and gradually pour in the oil in thin streams, beating with a whisk. The mayonnaise should be very firm. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Serve the rösti with the tonato sauce!
- The cooking time of the rösti is indicative, it will depend on its thickness.
Bleach : immerse for a few minutes in a liquid (start cold for citrus zest, bacon ... or boiling for green vegetables, for example) brought to the boil in order to soften or reduce the tanginess of an ingredient.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan