We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Easy to make, these poultry liver toasts are both delicious and fragrant.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 450 g of chicken livers
- 2 branches of thyme
- 1 sheet of laurel
- 7 cl of port
- 120 g semi-salted butter
- 20 g heavy cream
- 4 slices of toaster bread
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Toasts with chicken livers
The day before:
- Deveine the livers if necessary.
- In a dish, arrange the chicken livers, thyme and bay leaf. Season with pepper and drizzle with port.
The next day :
- Take out the butter 30 minutes before preparation.
- Place the livers and the marinade in a saucepan, remove the thyme and the bay leaf. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Work the butter with a fork.
- Mix the livers, add the softened butter and the cream. Season with salt and pepper, mix well and adjust the seasoning. Refrigerate until tasting.
- Toast the bread.
As you wish, spread the cream of livers on the toast or present it in a small bowl.
Well-being and poultry liver
A few chicken livers in your salad and you fill up on vitamin A!
This suppressant is one of the foods richest in vitamin A, an antioxidant that plays an essential role in our body:
- it repairs the harmful effects of light rays on the retina and prevents vision problems,
- it reduces the risk of certain cancers (bladder, breast, etc.),
- finally, it delays the aging of the skin.
Recognizable by a red marking (cap, packaging, etc.), the whole cream contains at least 30% fat, its liquid or creamy texture having no influence on its lipid content.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel